Thursday, March 26, 2009

WHY I PREFER THE KING JAMES VERSION, Part 1

When I started this blog, one of my goals was to give some of the more experience brethren in our work a forum in which to speak out on issues that are facing our work today. On that note, the following has been submitted by Bro. Wendell Butte. I hope to receive more articles from him on this subject and historical articles on the ABA, the Cumberland River Association (which is the oldest local association affiliated with the ABA), Regular, Separate, and United Baptists, and perhaps a biographical sketch on some of the men that he taught with and sat under:

I have been trying to preach about 50 years now. I went to Eastern Baptist Seminary,where Dr. I.K. Cross was the president. J.C.James, Freddie Holmes,Walter Jones, Howard Prather,Warren Carroll, Chester E. Tulga, and many more have also taught there.

I also attended and taught for 10 years at Somerset Baptist Institute. Earl McBride, Ewell Hargis, and many others taught there. I presently teach at Cumberland Baptist Institute. I have taught about 15 years at these two schools. My subject is church history, but I have taught many other classes and still do.

I want to write first on the KJV. Today many are turning from it to many questionable translations.

Things I Study About When I Think of Other Translations

What they do to the virgin birth of Christ, the deity of Christ, the blood of Christ, the doctrines of repentance, salvation, hell? They use generic terms and remove hell out many times, deny that Christ was manifest in the flesh, give the appelation of the bright and morning star to Lucifer instead of Christ, omit so many verses out, and on and on we could go.

I have studied Bible translations for 50 years. I know what I am talking about. I have most other translations to compare and have taught about these in the churches that I have pastored and on my radio program. The Voice of the Cumberland 90.5 airs each sat night at 8.45 pm. Download King of Kings Radio, then go to schedule, and then go The Voice of the Cumberland.

No comments:

Post a Comment