Sunday, September 26, 2010

An Appeal To The ABA Blogging Fraternity

Dear brethren,

We have quite a group of us who taken the plunge into the blogosphere. Some of you may have grown tired of blogging, may feel it takes away from your ministry, etc. but hear out my appeal to you. In this computer age, we need to utilize every means of spreading the gospel and Bible doctrine that we have at our disposal as long as it does not take away from worshipping the Lord "in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24) There is a limitless opportunity to reach others for the Lord and to show them the truth of God's Word. There are no telling how many who read our posts and may not comment from possibly anywhere on the planet. We should show them how we, although we may not agree, we can debate our differences by "speaking the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15) while maintaining our convictions. It is a chance to give a positive impression of our work. We should not let this opportunity slip away because there are many out there in other works who are getting their message out and false doctrine needs to be combated at every turn. Also, who knows but that the Lord might use us to be the next J.R. Graves, Ben Bogard, A.J. Kirkland, I.K. Cross, to influence those of our own membership back from the moral, spiritual, and doctrinal abyss. Trust me: you are not wasting your time if you manage your time wisely as with any other endeavor. God bless and I hope you have a blessed service and lives are changed today.

Your brother,
Jonathan Melton

4 comments:

  1. I think we've pretty much covered every doctrine in existence to it's fullest extent. All that's left is to beat dead horses. That's probably why everyone got bored with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, not everything has been covered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. Much has been covered, but I think that as issues arise, whether national or in the ABA, blogging will continue.

    I sometimes post silly things, or vacation summaries, or just whatever...I don't see blogging as always arguing or pressing points. When I'm caught up in that, I usually stay discontent & frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro. Neal,

    You make a good point. Most of my post are doctrinal and practical in nature. However, I did make a post Thursday about my search for a new car. While we should give much attention to current issues, maybe it would be better not to be so serious all the time.

    ReplyDelete